Charitable Allies is a law firm for nonprofit organizations. We assist nonprofits across the country to incorporate, develop organizational documents, and file with the IRS (and, where applicable, the appropriate state agencies) for tax exemption and charitable status recognition. We also regularly litigate on their behalf. We’re organized and operated as a “low bono” 501(c)(3) legal aid law firm for nonprofits, which basically means we’re a law firm for small businesses that happen to be nonprofits!
We’re a small-ish organization with a huge work ethic that still likes to take a time out and have fun on occasion. We have been rapidly growing over the past several years. Slackers need not apply! 😉
Working from our office in Indianapolis, IN, the Administrative Assistant and Program Coordinator is responsible for daily administrative tasks of the firm such as answering phones and email, scheduling potential clients and current clients for attorney and consultant meetings, assisting the attorneys, consultants, and Legal Operations Manager with administrative tasks, filing, scanning, and other duties as assigned. Come help us save the turtles!
- Greeting clients and vendors that physically come to our office;
- Coordinating Board and Board Committee meetings and preparing informational packets for the meetings;
- Answering phones and promptly routing, returning calls and/or relaying messages;
- Entering data into the online client intake system;
- Entering data into the fundraising management software;
- Scheduling potential client calls (initial consultations) and current client calls for the attorneys;
- Ordering supplies and equipment;
- Coordinating attorney and fundraising travel;
- Preparing litigation and fundraising materials for hearings and meetings, respectively;
- Working individually and within a team to accomplish projects and tasks;
- Assist Leadership Team with a wide variety of daily responsibilities;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Preference/desire to work within a well-run, high-performing organization is essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and the ability to truly master our several web-based applications (i.e. Clio Grow, Clio Manage, Dropbox, Phone.com, Branded BridgeLine, etc.) is essential
- Previous work in a nonprofit organization or law firm setting, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high-level attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and a self-started
- High degree of flexibility
- Positive and “can do” attitude
- Effective organization and time management skills
- High School Diploma required
- College Degree (Associate’s or Bachelor’s) or some additional administrative certifications are a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Pay is excellent for the sector! This full-time position pays between $15 and $19 per hour. Additional benefits include options such as our 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with a 5% employer match, a QSE-HRA ($5,250/individual or $10,600/family), paid vacation and sick time, paid opportunities for professional development and continuing education, and other personal and professional benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, list of references, and your response (in at least 1-2 paragraphs per question) to each of the following three questions to Kristen Revall, Legal Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin interviews in the first week of January 2020, notifying candidates that they have been selected for an interview in mid-December 2019.
- What special skills do you possess that will help you do well at our company?
- Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your job. What motivated you to put in the extra effort? Was it worth it?
- Have you ever felt overwhelmed by your work? How did that happen and how did you solve the problem?