What the What-What?
Join our fast-growing organization and help charities accomplish their missions!
About the Organization
Charitable Allies is a legal aid law firm for nonprofit organizations. We assist nonprofits across the country to get started and operate well. We also regularly litigate on their behalf. We’re organized and operated as a “low bono” 501(c)(3) legal aid law firm for nonprofits, which basically means we’re a law firm for small businesses that happen to be nonprofits!
We’re an organization with a huge work ethic that not only invests strongly in our people and their professional growth, but that also still takes time out to have fun on occasion. Slackers need not apply! 😉
About the Position
Working both from our office in Indianapolis, IN and occasionally remotely, the Marketing and Intake Coordinator position is a valuable member of the marketing team, providing client intake services, and performing marketing and communications tasks, as well as some administrative tasks as needed. This person will spend approximately 40% of their time on client-facing customer service tasks, 40% of the time on marketing and communications tasks and 20% of their time on administrative tasks. This person will also help launch a new initiative with an affiliate to provide graphic design, social media, and website services for nonprofits nation-wide. We’re looking for a creative, friendly professional who wants to help change the world, one nonprofit at a time. Come help us save the turtles!
Responsibilities of the Position
Client Intake 40%
- Responding to website form submissions, email and similar client leads.
- Communicating with potential clients about the mission and services we provide for nonprofits.
- Work with potential clients to identify needs and connect them with the appropriate attorney.
- Answering phones and promptly routing, returning calls and/or relaying messages.
- Entering data into the online client intake system (Salesforce).
- Scheduling potential client calls (initial consultations) for the attorneys.
- Greeting clients and vendors that physically come to our office.
- Managing website chat feature.
- Monitoring intake trends, including geographic, service-related, or mission-related trends.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Marketing and Communications 40%
- Help grow our social media presence by creating content and managing the social media calendar to grow our list of followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, clients, and active promoters of our organization.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager on new affiliate initiative to identify potential clients’ marketing needs and assist with fulfilling needs by creating social media strategies and posts, logos, branding guides, and basic website copy.
- Create shareable content (including blog posts, social media posts, and graphics) appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Create and edit short video content for social media and our website.
- Conduct bi-annual client satisfaction survey, as well as regular trend reporting and make data-driven recommendations accordingly.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to create and send press releases when necessary.
- Maintain public-facing profiles in Guidestar.org, Super Lawyers and more.
- Grow new leads by converting website traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our organization and/or the sector.
- Support Marketing and Communications Manager with marketing tasks as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Launching a new program line through an affiliate-help build something from the ground up
- Manages and updates data in client management software (salesforce).
- Processes the physical mail for the office.
- Coordinates Board and Board Committee meetings and prepares informational packets for the meetings.
- Coordinating attorney and fundraising travel.
- Scans and electronically files confidential documents.
- Assists leadership team with a wide variety of daily responsibilities.
- 0-2 years of experience in the communications and marketing field
- Preference/desire to work within a well-run, high-performing organization is essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and the ability to truly master our several web-based applications (i.e. Salesforce, Dropbox, VoIPStudio, PayPal, etc.) is essential
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience with social media platforms is a must, experience creating video content on social media preferred
- Experience with creating and editing basic webpages (WordPress experience is preferred)
- Previous work in a nonprofit organization is a plus, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high-level attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and a self-started
- High degree of flexibility
- Positive and “can do” attitude
- Effective organization and time management skills
- BA/BS in Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Willing to accept five (5) years of highly-relevant communications or marketing experience in lieu of a degree
Compensation and Benefits
Pay is excellent for the sector with opportunities for advancement! This position pays between $38,000-$40,000, depending on experience and qualifications. Additional benefits include options such as our 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with a 5% employer match, a QSE-HRA (2021 limits: $5,300/individual or $10,700/family), paid time off, paid opportunities for professional development and continuing education, and other personal and professional benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, list of three references, and a portfolio of work to Olivia Cloer, Marketing and Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portfolio should include:
- At least one writing sample between 300-750 words
- Three examples of social media posts designed and written by you
- One additional piece that you feel best represents your work (can be a video, a website, a social campaign, etc.)