Charitable Allies, Inc – Indianapolis, IN 46268
Charitable Allies is a nonprofit aimed at providing affordable, excellent legal services and education to nonprofit organizations around the country. Whether a new animal shelter is looking to get their 501(c)(3) status or a church is looking to update their bylaws, we are here to help. Our team is made up of friendly, ambitious professionals who want to work hard to make the world a better place, one nonprofit at a time. We are continually improving and innovating to meet the needs of the growing nonprofit community.
As our Marketing Intern, you won’t be getting coffee or pushing papers. We aim to provide a hands-on learning experience for our interns, with mentorship along the way. This internship is full time through the summer, with flexible start and end date, depending on student’s availability. This is a paid marketing internship for sophomores, juniors, or seniors pursuing an undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
The marketing intern will gain experience with a wide variety of tasks within the digital marketing space including social media, SEO blogging, email marketing and more as desired. We’re looking for a creative, self-starter who is a quick learner and eager to gain experience in a wide array of marketing tasks. Note: No legal knowledge or background is needed; we leave that to the attorneys. 🙂
Charitable Allies will, as appropriate, help students in pursuing academic credit for internships. The duration of an internship is generally a single summer with the opportunity to continue with the organization during semesters or summers thereafter, based on performance.
Responsibilities & Learning Opportunities
- Write relevant blog posts for our target audience, keeping SEO top-of-mind
- Create social media video content (Instagram reels, Facebook reels, YouTube shorts, etc.) to engage target audience
- Create carousel posts that entertain and educate our target audience
- Assist with designing and writing email campaigns
- Measure campaign progress with Google Analytics
- Contribute content and ideas for email campaigns, website content etc. to team meetings
- Conduct marketing research as instructed
- Increase engagement on Charitable Allies social media pages through engaging with relevant content, monitoring trends, etc.
- Learn the basics of Salesforce & Pardot
- Learn work efficiency tools like Asana and Calendly
- Organize marketing department assets in Dropbox and Google Drive as needed
- Data entry and administrative tasks for the marketing department as needed
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior at an Accredited University, pursuing a major in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Google products (Gmail, Google Drive, etc.)
- Strong desire to grow and develop skills as a marketer & professional
- Positive Attitude
Charitable Allies is located next to the Pyramids on the northwest side of Indianapolis, at 9100 Purdue Road, Suite 115, Indianapolis, IN 46268. Plan to work from this office at least 4 days per week throughout the summer.
Olivia Cloer, Director of Marketing and Operations
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Olivia Cloer at email@example.com. Applicants are welcome to submit a writing sample (3 pages or less), but are not required to at this stage in the application process.