Are you getting burned out on all the COVID-19 related content these days? In the early stages of the pandemic you needed access to as much information as possible related to the novel coronavirus. For many states, businesses and organizations there is more knowledge of what the near term holds.
That’s not saying a lot however. There are still so many unknowns and considerations to make for nonprofits. With this in mind I created and presented the below webinar.
I’ve also included questions every nonprofit should ask themselves. Gather answers to these questions, read our blog post about pandemic related insurance claims and file yours today.
COVID-19 Insurance Self-Screening Tool
- Do you have insurance policies?
- Do you have a “loss”? Said another way, has event, donation or program service revenue declined?
- Do you think it might be tied to the current stay at home orders, business shutdowns, economic conditions, etc.?
If you answered “No” on any of the above, stop BUT HOLD ON TO THIS because you might yet develop a loss. If “Yes” on all of the above, then continue.
- Type of Loss (i.e. cancelled events/inability to provide services/employees not allowed to work/employees ill/customer not allowed to open/supply chain supplier closed/etc.). Please describe in reasonable detail:
- Amount of Loss (very rough estimate of current loss, we know it might increase with time):
- Available Proof of Loss
- Cancelled contracts?
- Inability to open business due to government order?
- Comparison of monthly income 2019 v. 2020?
- Insurance Carrier:
- Type of Insurance Purchased
- Commercial Property
- Business Interruption
- Event Cancellation
- Commercial General Liability
- Have you communicated with your insurer regarding a COVID-19 loss?
- Has your insurer communicated with you regarding a COVID-19 loss?
- Have you received any Payroll Protection Program funds? If so, how much?
Should you need consultation or assistance as you navigate life post pandemic Charitable Allies is here to advocate for you.