Staff Attorney Katie Buckner uses her versatile skill set to provide legal representation for nonprofits, from litigation to university dissolutions. Katie enjoys building rapport with nonprofit clients to ensure their long term legal needs are met while keeping the focus on their charitable mission. Prior to joining the Charitable Allies team in 2021, Katie worked in insurance defense, where she defended third-party tort claims against insureds and first-party contract claims against insurers. She also worked in franchise law, interned with the Indiana Solicitor General, and advised college students on a range of issues through Indiana University Student Legal Services.
Katie attends College Park Church with her husband and they’re involved in a local volleyball league. She loves exploring the outdoors, especially national parks.
Causes I Care About:
- Free Speech
- Church and Religious Rights
- Juris Doctor for Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Admitted into the U.S. District Court for the Southern District and Northern District of Indiana
- Admitted to the Indiana State Bar
- Member of the Indianapolis Bar Association
- Blackstone Fellow
- Alliance Defending Freedom Allied Attorney
- B.A. in Pre-Law with minors in Mathematics, History, and Bible from Cedarville University
Charitable Allies , I can’t thank you enough for the amazing work you’ve done on this case. Despite the challenges, you stayed the course to ensure that my case was not only handled with nothing short of shrewd strategy and dignity but gave me hope during a very difficult time of my life. Mimi and Katie, two top-notch attorneys, did an amazing job!! Had it not been for them, I don’t know where I would be. I’m so grateful that you were able to help me get back control of my nonprofit and pave the way for a campaign that I know will help us have an even greater impact.